What sort of DNA discoveries have you made?
To coincide with this month’s Genealogy Blog Party theme of DNA Discoveries, I am giving away a few items to enhance your study of genetic genealogy! 😀
One Winner Will Receive:
- One (1) Ancestry DNA kit (a $79.00 value). Ancestry.com subscription is not included.
- One (1) copy of The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine T. Bettinger, PhD, JD (a $19.99 value)
- One (1) copy of Genetic Genealogy in Practice by Blaine T. Bettinger, PhD, JD, and Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL (a $36.00 value).
About the Authors
Blaine Bettinger is an intellectual property attorney in Syracuse, New York. The author of The Genetic Genealogist blog, he is a genealogy educator, a trustee of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, and organizer of the Shared cM Project, a crowdsourced project examining the associations between genetic data and genealogical relationships.
Debbie Parker Wayne is a professional genealogist who has conducted research for individuals as well as for the PBS series “Finding Your Roots” with Henry Louis Gates Jr. and other television shows. She is an award-winning author, the coordinator for genetic genealogy institute courses, and the DNA Project Chair for the Texas State Genealogical Society.
Enter to Win
Use the official entry form below to enter the contest. Note that adding a post to the July Genealogy Blog Party is worth 3 entries this month:
- If you are unfamiliar with what The Genealogy Blog Party is, please understand that it is what’s called a blog “linkup.” A linkup is where blog authors write a post pertaining to a specific topic on their individual blogs, and then “link the post up” to the main blog linkup page.
- If you do not have a blog, but would like to share your story as part of the linkup, please send your story to me and I will be happy to publish it for you as a guest post. While I do appreciate reading your stories in the comments and via email, please be clear in your message that you would like to have your story published and give me permission to do so. Otherwise, I will think you are just sharing an interesting story with me! 😊
DNA Discoveries Giveaway Official Rules (abridged):
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- The My Descendant’s Ancestors “DNA Discoveries” Giveaway begins on 23 July 2017 at 12:00 a.m. PDT, and ends on 31 July 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. No exceptions.
- This giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age.
- Enter online by using the official entry form (above).
- Entries that do not follow the rules will be disqualified.
- One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the promotion period.
- The winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the entry Information within 3 days following the random drawing. Winner must respond within 7 days of notification.
Good luck to all! 🙂
Just when I was feeling really awful, a sweet and thoughtful blogger surprised me with this award. Saying thanks and passing it on!read more
This month's Genealogy Blog Party is all about DNA discoveries! What exciting things have you found in your genetic genealogy research? If you haven't made any discoveries, or you haven't started DNA research at all, then tell us which of your ancestors is your clone! The collection closes on July 31st.read more
After I dropped my cell phone in the washer, I became obsessed with backing up my digital files, especially my photos. In this post, I'll share what I'm doing to protect these files, as well as my films and videos.read more
Are your precious family memories wasting away on obsolete media? Are they protected from accidents and natural disasters? Enter the "Makeover Your Memories" Giveaway to protect your memories and enjoy them once again!read more
It was 2009, the Summer of Genealogy Love, and the Burbank Marriott was rockin'. Relive the fun in this 7-part parody series, JAMSTOCK '09.read more
The June Genealogy Blog Party was all about the descendants. Read how these bloggers are preserving their precious family history for the descendants.read more
I am happy to announce that the blog formerly called "Little Bytes of Life" will henceforth be known as "My Descendant's Ancestors!" Find out what's new (spoilers: it's pink)!read more
Why has it been so quiet here? Lots of reasons, really, but mainly because I'm getting ready for some big changes!read more
The top vote-getter for December’s Genealogy Blog Party has an urgent request for a family member. Who was it? What does she want? Find out here!read more
Even if you've been a naughty genealogist this year, you can still share your Christmas wish list in the December #Genealogy Blog Party!read more