This month, we’re talkin’ DNA!
One of my favorite TV shows started it’s fifth and final season last month: Orphan Black (currently airing on Saturday nights on BBC America).
For those of you who haven’t seen it, Orphan Black tells the story of a young woman who grew up an orphan (obviously) with no knowledge of her biological family. After witnessing the death of another woman who looks exactly like her, she goes searching for answers and eventually learns that she is one of many human CLONES! 😮
Watching Orphan Black got me thinking about DNA and genetic genealogy and all the incredible things it can tell us about ourselves and our ancestors (not that we’re clones, I hope).
So the question for this month is:
Q: Tell us about an amazing DNA discovery you have made.
➡ Have you found new cousins?
➡ New ancestors?
➡ Broke through a brick wall?
➡ Or something even juicier? 😉
Let us know what you did and how you did it!
Haven’t jumped into the gene pool yet?
No problem. There’s an alternate prompt for you!
Q: Who is your CLONE?
In other words, which ancestor are you the most like? Examples include similarities in:
- Sense of humor
- Family composition
- Location where you live
- Be creative! 😊
📌 Each post must include at least one image.
📌 Not a blogger? Send your story to me, and I will share it as a guest post.
📌 Previously published posts are acceptable. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel to participate.
Party Etiquette (a.k.a. The Rules):
- Bring a Friend – Tell your friends and followers about the Genealogy Blog Party by using Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, or whatever type(s) of social media you use. Social media sharing buttons are located at the bottom of this post.
- Visit and comment on at least 3 other links in the party (more is better). Parties are meant to be social events, and we can’t be social without talking to each other!
- Follow me on social media. Links are below this post and in the footer.
- Subscribe to the Newsletter. Newsletter subscribers receive advance notice of Genealogy Blog Party themes and other information.
You might also like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth O'Neal (see all)
- Private Ancestors: How to Prune Them From Your Ancestry Tree - August 12, 2017
- Book Review: “The Missing Man” by Nathan Dylan Goodwin - August 6, 2017
- The 2nd Annual Genealogy Blog Potluck Picnic: How I Did It - August 1, 2017