This summer marks the 40th anniversary of that most famous “Summer of Love” music festival: Woodstock. I was
only 5 years old not born yet at that time, so, unfortunately, I missed all the fun.
Judging from all the hype in the geneablogosphere, the next best thing will be happening this weekend: JAMSTOCK ’09!
Hendrix won’t be there, but some of the biggest rock stars of genealogy will be. From what I’ve heard, there will be plenty of opportunities for food, drink, good times, and geneablogger love!
History Detective to Open Event
Opening for JAMSTOCK ’09 will be Tukufu Zuberi, Ph.D., known as one of “The History Detectives” (a TV show on PBS, for those of you who shun establishment propaganda). I won’t be at this event because, hey man, I have to be free, and I can’t be oppressed by schedules and rules and stuff (in other words, I forgot to buy a ticket).
I’ll be at the ProGen love-in, where I’ll be free to not eat rubber hotel food, and properly cite my sources, and I can dance in the hallway if I want to, man. I don’t, but the point is that I can.
Son of Blogger Headline Event
Headlining on Saturday morning will be the highly-anticipated group, Son of Blogger, featuring 9 of the biggest genealogy blogging superstars. I expect to see everyone’s lighters waving in the air for this event (If the Marriott oppresses our freedom of speech and won’t let us have fire indoors, just hold up your cell phone. It’s the thought that counts).
My knapsack is packed, and I’m a free mama, riding the rails to Burbank. I’ll be setting up camp (and looking for free wi-fi) at the Marriott for the next 3 days. Stay tuned for more news from JAMSTOCK ’09. Let the love begin!
DISCLAIMER: There is no such thing as JAMSTOCK ’09, so don’t bother Googling it because you will only wind up right back here. The event is actually called “Jamboree,” and is sponsored by the Southern California Genealogical Society. There is no love-in at the Burbank Marriott. Seriously. Now, put the tie-dye down, and go home.
Read the Rest of the Series:
- Part 1: JAMSTOCK ’09: Let the Love Begin!
- Part 2: JAMSTOCK ’09: Genealogists Stage Library Sit-In
- Part 3: JAMSTOCK ’09: Bloggers Crash Marriott Wi-Fi
- Part 4: JAMSTOCK ’09: Son of Blogger Rocks the Marriott
- Part 5: JAMSTOCK ’09: What REALLY Happened at the Blogger Dinner
- Part 6: JAMSTOCK ’09: Recycling or Alien Invasion at the Burbank Marriott?
- Part 7: JAMSTOCK ’09: Exclusive Video of the Blogger Dinner
You might also like...
Latest posts by Elizabeth O'Neal (see all)
- Private Ancestors: How to Prune Them From Your Ancestry Tree - August 12, 2017
- Book Review: “The Missing Man” by Nathan Dylan Goodwin - August 6, 2017
- The 2nd Annual Genealogy Blog Potluck Picnic: How I Did It - August 1, 2017